With so many different materials to choose from, it can be tough to decide which countertop is right for your kitchen. That’s why we put together this handy guide to help you weigh the relative merits of a few of the most popular countertop options!
- Pros: Quartz mimics the elegant look of granite or marble, but requires less maintenance. It can stand up to serrated knives, hot pots, abrasive pads and even many stains.
- Cons: You’ll need to call a pro when the edges and corners chip. Try rounded corners to mitigate the problem.
- Pros: Granite remains one of the most sought-after countertop materials on the market due to its beautiful appearance. Every slab is unique.
- Cons: Granite is porous, so you’ll need to have your countertops sealed every year and wipe up stains quickly before they have a chance to permeate the material.
- Pros: Laminate is among the least expensive materials available. It’s also very easy to install. New printing technology has made it more attractive than ever.
- Cons: You’ll always need to use a cutting board. If you cut directly on laminate, you’ll easily and permanently damage it.
- Pros: Wooden countertops will give your kitchen a warm and inviting look. Less expensive wood countertops can even be installed on your own.
- Cons: Wood is more sensitive to heat damage than other countertop materials, and it can warp.
At Kitchen and Bath Wizards, we can work with you to select the perfect countertops for your next kitchen renovation. To get started, feel free to give us a call at (713) 956-9595 or contact us online today!